Friday, March 4, 2011

A Card for the Baby!


(click image for larger view)
This little baby carriage has been one of my "go to" stamps for a long time.  I don't know where I got it or who made it, but it is a keeper.  I like it even more since I have been coloring it with Copics.  Today I needed a brown and pink baby card, which is not typical for a baby color combo but I gave it a try.  I used Stampin Up pretty in pink cardstock for my base card which is a 5 1/4" square easel card.  The patterned papers are from my stash and the beautiful brown silk ribbon is May Arts.  The lace ribbon is from Offray and the brad in the middle of the double bow is from Stampin Up.  I distressed the brown dp with my new Zutter distressing tool.  It is quite a tool.  It takes some getting used to, but I am loving the look.  The image is stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink and cut out with my circle Nestibilities and layered on a petite scalloped circle in pretty in pink. I attached it with some dimensionals to make it stand out a bit.  I used some vellum on the inside for the sentiment and attached it with some cute little corners punched from the pink dp. 
All in all, I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.  Hope you like it.  Thanks for stoppin by!
Happy Stampin!
Diane

0 comments:

Post a Comment